Need advice ASAP 06 Eddie Bauer! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need advice ASAP 06 Eddie Bauer!

Yup!!!

The kit doesnt look like a big lift when you look at the spacers.... but the spacers lift the control arms closer to the pivoting joints which turns into more lift. Then with the 32" jeep takeoffs... you get about another 1" (2 " total diameter gain I think... could be wrong). So the 1.5" and 2.5" gain gets 2.5 and 3.5 more clearance respectively ( with tires).

Not bad for the price... I was into paying only like 200 $ once I sold my stock tires. Actually did a bit better cause I got 5 tires and rims from the jeep. I took the extra tire and mounted it on a matching one from the wreckers (sold rims too). Now just gotta reroute my exhaust to fit the spare in the bottom cause its too big!

Ps. You cant have a smaller spare tire... your abs wont let you drive (learned that the hard way)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Edit. 255 75 r17.

OK. Posting pics in 10 mins...

Just to clarify one more time before I place my order. the 255/75/17 won't rub? I seriously appreciate all of your help

Thank you for all of your help, i'll be sure to post pics when I finish!

That's right. 255 75 17.

I ran them on the stock 17" rims with only the traxda kit for several weeks and no rub.

I added 1.5 spacers and the added swing length makes them rub a bit at full lock. I will nip an edge off my mud guard when I find tie

You should check the classifieds cause lots of guys that buy new jeeps take those off and sell them for like 500 a set (5 new)

You should check the classifieds cause lots of guys that buy new jeeps take those off and sell them for like 500 a set (5 new)

I'll check into it. Once again thank you got everything!

That's right. 255 75 17.

I ran them on the stock 17" rims with only the traxda kit for several weeks and no rub.

I added 1.5 spacers and the added swing length makes them rub a bit at full lock. I will nip an edge off my mud guard when I find tie

Tomorrow is the day! I'll keep everyone updated on how it goes. Hopefully no surprises. I went with 255/75s btw. 530 just around what you said and brand new. Thanks for all your advices i'll be posting updates throughout the day. Super excited!

What's the update?

Tomorrow is the day! I'll keep everyone updated on how it goes. Hopefully no surprises. I went with 255/75s btw. 530 just around what you said and brand new. Thanks for all your advices i'll be posting updates throughout the day. Super excited!

Back