• Register Today It's free!

Need advice!

MJMickelson

Reaction score
City, State
Mankato, Minnesota
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Eddie Bauer Explorer
New member. I own a 2003 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer. My O/D light began flashing and my message center read : Transmission Servicing.... or something like that. Being only a few miles from my FORD Dealership, I took my Explorer there and they read the code as meaning my torque was not engaging and said I need a new transmission. A re-built plus labor: $3800!!
I've done some homework and also had the code read by another mechanic who also drove my vehicle and said it shifted fine and felt my dealership was trying to "rip me off.... and being a woman..... arrrggghhh!!!" Should I just get my tranny fluid flushed or start searching junk yards for a tranny?

New member. I own a 2003 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer. My O/D light began flashing and my message center read : Transmission Servicing.... or something like that. Being only a few miles from my FORD Dealership, I took my Explorer there and they read the code as meaning my torque was not engaging and said I need a new transmission. A re-built plus labor: $3800!!
I've done some homework and also had the code read by another mechanic who also drove my vehicle and said it shifted fine and felt my dealership was trying to "rip me off.... and being a woman..... arrrggghhh!!!" Should I just get my tranny fluid flushed or start searching junk yards for a tranny?

my guess is they have nobody doing trans, reman trans will come with a warranty longer then 12months / 12000 miles.

you probably could take it to a trans shop and have it rebuilt cheaper, off hand do you know what codes?

Back