need blueprint of 97 explorer 5.0L chassis | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

need blueprint of 97 explorer 5.0L chassis

pimpedout97x

Reaction score
City, State
Tampa, Fl.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Eddie Bauer
does anyone have access to one? i have a guy that my dad knows that owns a body shop, im going to ask him either way, because he should be able to get one. i got a guy that is going to design me a frame, but he is in new york, so he doesnt have the ability to just measure what he needs off my truck, and if i dont measure exactly as he needs, something can get thrown off and be all wrong then. best thing to do would be to get a blue print of the stock chassis (as a body shop should be able to get if they need to make repairs, etc) and that would show any and all measurements, and he can use that and design the new bagged and body dropped frame, from that schematic.

1997 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer
4 Door
5.0L V8
2 Wheel Drive

if anyone can help, please let me know!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Eesh!! Good luck!! I'd be surprised if even Ford still had those in the archives! Not to mention the fact that accurate prints on something as complicated as a frame are not going to be simple...

-Joe

any shop that is ICAR accredited should have them, or should be able to get them. ask monmix, he might be able to help.

Eesh!! Good luck!! I'd be surprised if even Ford still had those in the archives! Not to mention the fact that accurate prints on something as complicated as a frame are not going to be simple...

-Joe

Boy
I thought if anybody would have this it was going to be you.

Man, if there was something like this available to the public, that would be so awesome. It would help me to start playing around with a custom chassis design.

Boy
I thought if anybody would have this it was going to be you.

All I can get is the specs from the service manual. (they're in there). But those aren't going to show critical things like engine/trans mounts, connections/mounting points for the fuel system, emissions system, brake system, etc. Even if I could make some calls and find a true print of the frame, it would be a violation of the terms of my employment to disseminate that information on a public forum... Sorry, but anyone's project isn't worth my job. :)

The stuff in the service manuals, EVTMs, TSBs and FSA's are part of the public domain... I'm not giving anything out there that can't be found elsewhere.

-Joe

its cool. i have some people im gonna call tomorow and should be able to get them.

Back