Need engine seller recommendations. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need engine seller recommendations.

CobraSix

Reaction score
City, State
Massachusetts
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 XLT 4x4
Well...it was definitely the oil pump...and the bearings are pretty much wiped out. It still runs, but after 200k miles, I say it's time to retire it. Ford wants $2k to replace the oil pump and bearings, $4.5k for new engine. Now I know places like www.hiperformer.com and www.remanufactured.com have rebuilt engines. ANy know good places for new/remanufactured engines? I will do the install myself as soon as I get the 65 mustang going again and since the exploder is running, I can shop around a little.

Thanks in advance.

Slade

I would look into places like Jasper engines, their remaned units with a warrenty. Def. do not pay ford to do it, shop around and get the best price, esp if you can put it in yourself.

The motor I put into my Explorer was from www.atkengines.com
Does the quote from Ford include the labor to install the engine? How much do they quote you just for the engine? When I was shopping for mine, the Motorcraft remanufactured engine was about the same price as anyone elses remanufactured engine with a comparable warranty.

Back