Need help choosing size of box for Alumapro Alchemys. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need help choosing size of box for Alumapro Alchemys.

beavis195

Reaction score
City, State
Sammamish, WA and Provo, UT
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT 4 door
Right now I have one Alchemy in a Q-Logic box that came with it for free, but I know this sub can sound better. What size will give me good sound quality and also be loud. Should I go small, like .9 cubic feet per sub, or should I go big like 1.25 to 1.5 cubic feet per sub? I don't know many people who have Alumapro subs so I'm hoping someone knows how they sound in different boxes.
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What are the subwoofer Thiele/Small parameters?

fs
Qts
VAS

fs=22 hz
Qts=0.36
Vas=4.0 ft^3
Qes=0.38

Sorry leenjen, forgot to include that.
thanks

to optimum enclosure size for that subwoofer is 1.44 cuft sealed. you could go a little larger then that if you want a little deeper bass but it just wont be as tight.

The 1.44 ft, that's just per each woofer right? Anyway, so what am I doing SQ and loudness wise if I have a box that is a lot smaller then that, guestimating 0.8 ft^3? Thanks for your help.

you could safely use it in a .76 cuft enclosure, but the output and response is severely diminished. a larger enclosure will allow for deeper bass and more excursion.

Alumapro

I currently use (1) 12" Alumapro Alchemy and I have it in a .85 ft^3 box. It is extremely accurate and plays pretty deep, but I am going to start playing with a bigger box to see the difference.

Back