Need help Exploder died while driving | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need help Exploder died while driving

TheHud85

Reaction score
City, State
Morgantown, WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Eddie Baur 4x4
Ok, I have a 2002 Ford Explorer V8 EB. I was at a store just up the road and after making my purchases I returned to my vehicle, it started just fine, i backed out of my parking spot, but as I pulled onto the highway it simply just shut off and would not start again. When I turned the key everything on the dash stayed lit up but it would not crank. I managed to coast it home (oh THAT was fun) and when I got there I looked at the message center to see the odometer's numbers had been replaced with dashes and a message said "FUEL ERROR" above. I tried pushing the "fuel reset" button below the glove box but that didn't change anything and the message was still there. I tried disconnecting/reconnecting the battery and still no help. I went into the setup menu and did a system check (best I can do, I don't own my own OBD) and got a barrage of errors: Oil life data error, engine sensor data error, and charging system data error. Please, any help would be GREATLY appreciated

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Tough to say without scanner codes. Can you get ahold of one at your local Autozone, O'Reilly, Advance, etc.?

If I could drive... lol. I'm picking up a rental car tomorrow so I'll borrow one from my dad (he owns a repair garage). I would ask him about this but he specializes in European cars and wont touch something like this because he knows nothing about Fords.

Same problem

[MENTION=186076]TheHud85[/MENTION] I have the same problem, what was your answer?

[MENTION=186076]TheHud85[/MENTION] I have the same problem, what was your answer?

Have you checked the Inertia switch? Its located behind the passenger side kick panel though I'm able to reach up and over the panel without removal. Simply press down on the round red button on its top to reset it if its popped. Its designed to pop if in an accident but a hard hitting pothole or unfriendly parking lot drivers can also cause it to pop with a light bumper ding.

Its a quick check suggestion before getting too worried.

If this doesn't help might want to start your own new thread and ask for help. Welcome to the forums.

But the obd 2 won't read either [MENTION=73198]Adrenolin[/MENTION]

Back