Need help finding a lift kit for my explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need help finding a lift kit for my explorer

jt05319000

Reaction score
City, State
Hawaii
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLS
I jus needed help finding a lift kit for my explorer. I have a 2002 Explorer XLS 4wd. I looked all over and cant find a lift kit for it. I'm lookin for like a 4" or 6" lift kit for it. But i cant find anything. I only can find those lifts for the sport track ones with the solid axle. Mine has independant axles in the rear. Just wondering if someone can help me that.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah...search....But since it's christmas.

There is a 2" Lift By rancho other then that you are SOL. It is possible to do a Body Lift or have a custom Lift done, but the only bolt on one is the Rancho lift.

Yeah...search....But since it's christmas.

There is a 2" Lift By rancho other then that you are SOL. It is possible to do a Body Lift or have a custom Lift done, but the only bolt on one is the Rancho lift.

man u are way behind... rancho has pushed back their release date for the quiklifts about 10 times... there is no easy way to get a lift out of a 3rd gen due to the setup of the rear suspension... i ordered custom lift springs from coilsprings.com and lifted the front 2 inches for a leveled look... if u wanna see what the results r from other happy customers search "Bigapple, coilsprings.com" in this forum... a friend of mine made the thread and it shows the results of the installation

pushed back 13 times, going on 14...

Coilsprings.com and good struts all around defeat the need for Rancho. And IMO, it's better to support the small business that supports us. :thumbsup:

Mine should be done tmrw, pics to follow! :D

oh oops...i thought the coilspring.com was the rancho lift....wow i need to pay more attention. I say jsut skip thw whole IFS/IRS thing and jsut double SAS it now that would be *****in :p:

oh oops...i thought the coilspring.com was the rancho lift....wow i need to pay more attention. I say jsut skip thw whole IFS/IRS thing and jsut double SAS it now that would be *****in :p:

I've been hoping for that since the 3rd gen came out. It'd be sweet!

if u have the money, time, energy, patience, and skill for that, be my guest but i think many people on this site have been all talk and no action... people have said they would do a double SAS but no one has done it

sorrry, what is a double sas?

SAS = Solid Axle Swap so i'd assume a double sas is swaping solid axles front and rear.

man u are way behind... rancho has pushed back their release date for the quiklifts about 10 times... there is no easy way to get a lift out of a 3rd gen due to the setup of the rear suspension... i ordered custom lift springs from coilsprings.com and lifted the front 2 inches for a leveled look... if u wanna see what the results r from other happy customers search "Bigapple, coilsprings.com" in this forum... a friend of mine made the thread and it shows the results of the installation

DO you know the O.E.M. part number for the front and rear coil springs for the 02 explorer xls?

I had Ford run the vin number for mine...

DO you know the O.E.M. part number for the front and rear coil springs for the 02 explorer xls?

1.5" front / 1.5" rear - From the Guru himself, Bigapple, there is an alternative to factory height that he introduced us to... :D

1.5" front / 1.5" rear - From the Guru himself, Bigapple, there is an alternative to factory height that he introduced us to... :D

looks great brother and thanx for the compliment... how is the ride? rough, smooth?

Smooth and unchanged...

This is great, I think if the lift stays under 2", it doesn't change the ride quality because nothing has changed with mine - no stiffness, no nothing, just the lift we needed. I also have Monroe struts on there, so that might be a factor... but 100% happy, just sorry I didn't listen to you sooner... This is great! :thumbsup:

that's nice

That's mean...what size tires are those?

Back