need help finding intake for a 04 V6 | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

need help finding intake for a 04 V6

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

whats the difference between having a throttle cable and throttle-by-wire?

The throttle-by-wire just uses an electronic accelerator pedal that tells the PCM how much throttle you want, then the PCM commands the throttle body to open that much. I much prefer a cable, but they simplified the whole system this way...No more cruise servo, IAC motor, etc.

BTW, looking at your pics, that black plastic cover hides your throttle cable. If you look at the pic of the '04, you can clearly see the electronic actuator and no throttle cable present.

The throttle-by-wire just uses an electronic accelerator pedal that tells the PCM how much throttle you want, then the PCM commands the throttle body to open that much. I much prefer a cable, but they simplified the whole system this way...No more cruise servo, IAC motor, etc.

BTW, looking at your pics, that black plastic cover hides your throttle cable. If you look at the pic of the '04, you can clearly see the electronic actuator and no throttle cable present.

yea i took the plastic cover off a long time ago and i can see the wire... thats y im so damn confused over this haha... i can pull the throttle with my hand and make it rev... just trying to clear it all cuz i figure an electric throttle body just has a connector with wires

On an electronic throttle body, there's no place to open the throttle from inside the engine compartment.

Blitzk, What k&n tube did you use? Did you have to drill a hole for the sensor valve thingy?

On an electronic throttle body, there's no place to open the throttle from inside the engine compartment.

OHHH so an ETB is a throttle-by-wire... i thought the "wire" was the cable... but it means electrical wire... got it now

Where's that little smiley with the light bulb above its head? :D

Where is the throttle body located on the '04-5 V6? I'm planning to have my mechanic friend install a Pep Boys cone filter and cut up my stock intake to get the MAF, but I want to make sure that he won't cut into the TB on accident

Where is the throttle body located on the '04-5 V6? I'm planning to have my mechanic friend install a Pep Boys cone filter and cut up my stock intake to get the MAF, but I want to make sure that he won't cut into the TB on accident

it should be rite next to the intake manifold... if u cut around the airbox by the MAF, ur in the clear... its at the other end of the intake tube

After I put mine on my check engine light keeps coming on. I cant figure that on out. Any ideas would be great.

kkmkn1.jpg

these guys sell the entire intake system or just the MAF holder?

After I put mine on my check engine light keeps coming on. I cant figure that on out. Any ideas would be great.

With the pre-oiled cotton filters, sometimes the oil gets on the MAF sensor causing CEL to be thrown. Read up on cleaning the MAF and be careful, it's a pretty delicate wire!

ok im going to bring this back from the dead im looking at the volant cold air intake i have a 04 4.0l (k) motor i found out the reason it will only fit up to 03 is because the maf sensor housing is part of the air box lid does anybody know if it is as easy as get the maf housing from an 03 and using it on the 04 just a thought maybe someone has tried this before i go looking for one

Back