Need help iding port on valve cover...4.0 sohc | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need help iding port on valve cover...4.0 sohc

mainiac1

Reaction score
City, State
Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ford Exporer Sport
Hey Guys, spent the day replacing valve cover gasgets on my 01 Explorer Sport with a 4 ltr sohc. What a Royal PIT*ss!!!My 66 mustang in the garage would take 10 mins tops for this job. One thing I noticed to start with is there was an open 90 degree elbow hooked up to the port on passenger side valve cover next to the oil fill spout...not hooked up to anything? I expected it to have a pcv valve there, but Autozone showed the pcv like what I have on the drivers side rear valve cover. Can someone take a peak under there hood and shed some light on what is supposed to be hooked up hear please. Are there 2 pcv valves on these engines...one on each valve cover? The pcv on the drivers side has a line hooked to it that wraps around the back of the engine and comes across the passenger side valve cover and goes into a port under the throttle intake in front.
Thanks, Jamie

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the pcv valve on an '01 SOHC 4.0 is not on the valve cover. are you sure this isn't a push-rod 4.0 motor?

Thanks for the pics. Yes it is single oh cam...saw 1 on top of each head when I replavced the valve cover seals. According to Autozone...they are real experts :)...the little heater hose wrap around on the drivers side was wrapping around the pcv. swsHawaii shows a tee on the pass side that I may have to do.

Back