• Register Today It's free!

Need help Idle problems

fyrfytr33

Reaction score
City, State
Mount Vernon, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Explorer, 4.0L OHV
So I have a 98 Explorer, 4.0L OHV, VIN X (from Canada), 130,000 mi. Rough idle CEL on and off for a few months. So found a vacuum leak under the air plenum changed the intake gaskets, rebuilt injectors, new plugs. Still rough idle. Checked the IAT sensor, no continuity, replaced. Still rough idle, hooked up my OBDII again and read the codes. P0171, P0174, P0113, P0122, P1504, also, no voltage from any of the o2 sensors. And the fuel trim in all levels is -100%. Checked fuse #6 as the manual says it is for the o2 sensors, no fuse? Replaced the fuse, still no voltage from the sensors, fuel trim unchanged.
Any other ideas? I'm thinking maybe a wiring issue, PCM, all o2 sensors bad. I need some direction here, thank you in advance.

Did you make sure the fuse didn't blow? It may have been out because it blew.

Checked the fuse in spot #6 o2 sensors. No fuse. Put in a 15a. Still no voltage. Need to investigate some more, didn't check to see if it blew. I think someone had problems and just got rid of the fuse. I don't know maybe all the sensors are bad. Guess I'll change one and see if I get voltage. Any other ideas?

Back