• Register Today It's free!

Need Help Please

eltepo

Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
"03 XLT AWD
My 03 X with 89k miles started acting weird, first the door ajar will stay on when all the door were closed. Then the service engine light started flashing, then the cruise control did not work. And sometimes the engines hesitates as if it has no fuel, I did change the spark plugs yesterday, can that have something to do with that, I am traveling from California to Indiana and need help to figure out what is wrong. Thanks for your help.:(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

"And sometimes the engines hesitates as if it has no fuel"

Did you change the fuel filter?

"service engine light started flashing"

Sounds like you need a scan for a service code

The fuel filter was changed at the dealer 3 weeks ago. What does it mean when the service engine light flashes on/off repeadily?

Good question,,, as my 04 has had some strange electronic hiccups,,, disconnect the battery for a few minutes and see if it clears up,,, has helped for me

usually if your light is flashing you need to get service immediately... sounds like another problem.
My door ajar light comes on with my rear defroster as well as the drivers side rear view mirror flood light... the car acts as if the door is open with the engine off, dinger dings, lights are on, and the radio stays on as well as the interior lights... they stay on for 20 minutes until the car cuts them off... i cant figure out what is going on... but im going to disconnect the battery tomorrow after i dig out from another snow storm, i'll keep you posted and see if that helps, if you figure out your problem, let me know becuase i think we may be onto the same problem.

Back