Need help with a part number / company for vent shades | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need help with a part number / company for vent shades

spta97

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
NY, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 5.0 AWD
I've searched extensively on the site looking for VentVisors for my 2000 Explorer XLT 4-door. People have said that they have been able to purchase the "snap-in" kind rather than the ones that stick on but I can't find them. The company "Auto Vent Shade who makes "VentVisor" does not make the "snap-in" kind for the 2000 4-door explorer.

I've checked WalMart, K-mart, Auto-Zone, and Pep-Boys. Does anyone know what company makes these and where I can find them for a reasonable price?

Thanks!

What they mean by snap in, is one the goes in the window channel. There are 2 types of ventshades.... One the sticks on the outside of the door with 3M tape, and the other is one that uses double sided tape, but it gets put inside the window channel. I have the ones that go in the channel and I got them at the dealer. They have been on for 6 years with no problems. Maybe try a search for "in channel visors". Hope this helps.

Try WeatherTech.com . They have the visors that go in the window channel.

Yes, WeatherTech has the snap in and it has much better quality than VentVisor. Better quality, I mean, they are much clearer when looking at them from the driver seat looking out. The finish is also much more refined. All these for a price though- $80 for 4 doors, I think. IMO, a better buy than ventVisor.

Back