need help with flush mounting tweeters | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

need help with flush mounting tweeters

beavis195

Reaction score
City, State
Sammamish, WA and Provo, UT
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT 4 door
I am going to place the tweeters in the door panel right above the window controls, but what do I use to cut the hole? Do I use a hole saw or a dremel? Aslo, if I wanted to put them in the vinyl part that sits just below the window, (I've seen it done before) how would I do that? Thanks for your help guys. I really want to avoid cracking the door panels after seeing how much they cost to get replaced.

I just used a two inch hole saw for mine.

Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed

A hole saw is the easiest way to go. With a dremel you could slip and do some damage to the door if you are not carefull.
If you want to put it in the area with vinyl then the easiest way to do it is to drill a pilot hole through the front of the door panel, put your hole saw on your drill and cut the hole from the back of the door panel. Go slow so that you only cut through the plastic. Them you can use a razor blade and cut the vinyl.
If you go through the plastic into the vinyk with the hole saw it might grap it and tear it up pretty good.

Thanks for the help guys, I love this board.

Back