• Register Today It's free!

need help with lift and tires

250r/master3

Reaction score
City, State
glastonbury CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 explorer sport
from what i am told there is no suspension lift for my 97 explorer sport 4wd....and i know i dont want a body lift because i dont like the looks...so say i do a torsion bar lift and and add a leef spring how much inches can i get and what are the widest tires i can put on....ill do a fender trim or a wheel wel cut if needed.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i want no smaller then 31's and just as wide as i can get

from what i am told there is no suspension lift for my 97 explorer sport 4wd....and i know i dont want a body lift because i dont like the looks...so say i do a torsion bar lift and and add a leef spring how much inches can i get and what are the widest tires i can put on....ill do a fender trim or a wheel wel cut if needed.

Superlift makes a 4 inch lift and I think it is RCD makes a 5.5 inch lift for the ranger that will work with a little moding. I did a TT/shackles and I got 1.75 to 2 inches out of it.

hmm... i guess 12 in. wide is the widest you would want and you can probably get 1.5 in. in the front with the tt and i would go with shackles instead of aal's cuz aal's will probably lift it more than you want and the vehicle would lean foreward quite a bit, but i could be wrong.

i put 31x10.5's on mine at completely stock height and they rubbed a bit when turning but after the tt+shackle no rubbing at all

do you know if they make a 3 inch suspension lift i think 4 is a little to big

Back