• Register Today It's free!

Total height with lift and tires

jaydez

Reaction score
City, State
Hartford County, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 XLT V6 4x4
I want to lift my 05 XLT when the current set of tires need replacing. I want to go with a 1.75" or 2" spacer lift from BTF and 265/75R17 tires. Most likely BFG ATs. I had them on my last truck and loved them.

My problem is I occasionally park in my garage under my townhouse my my girlfriend gets home after I do. It has a pretty low opening. I think its around 7.5 feet. I'm worried a lift and larger tires wont fit though the door.

Can someone with this setup measure from the ground to the highest point on their Ex (most likely roof rack, the antenna can bend out of the way)?

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is measure mine but mines far from the lift you're looking at doing... mine I had to put on my 265s just to get it in my garage with 9.5 foot doors. Looks like I won't be going through a fast food drive thru with the mounty anymore. Hey look a new diet plan!

Anyways enough joking just measure your ex then add about 5-6 inches to be safe. what size tires are you using right now?

Right now I'm bone stock. I just picked up my Ex 3 weeks ago.

My '04

2.25 front 1.75 rear spacers
Factory coils
265/75/R16 BFG all-terrains

she's 6'3" at the top of the roof-rack.

YOUR RESULTS MAY BE DIFFERENT. so please don't blame me if you get wedged in a parking garage... ;)

My '04

2.25 front 1.75 rear spacers
Factory coils
265/75/R16 BFG all-terrains

she's 6'3" at the top of the roof-rack.

YOUR RESULTS MAY BE DIFFERENT. so please don't blame me if you get wedged in a parking garage... ;)

Thank you!

I'm not worried about parking garages. The ones around here have more than enough room. I'm worried about my garage at home under my townhouse. It has a relatively low door and the arm for the opener hangs down even further.

Back