Need help with my 2010 XLT | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need help with my 2010 XLT

I recommended that she join this forum and post this issue here as she had it on Facebook, and people there come up with comments that dont help and mostly are wrong. according to her posts here and there, I believe the following.... When she turns her key to maybe the accessory position she had power to the accessories and in her video on Facebook, she has the radio and window working. although in the video she is not showing the actual key position, I would assume that she attempts to attempt to crank the vehicle in the on/start position for the key, although there is no power / indicator lights on the dash. In the video, the window appears to have significant power and speed (battery should be capable of at least an initial slow crank). I only have limited knowledge on my 2000 with PATS and RAD security modules and have not dived into newer security on newer explorers. Hope this helps.

I'd test the starter (and check the cable to it) before digging into the cluster. I'm not saying the cluster has failed, but I'd rule out the simpler stuff first.

I had a Mustang one time brought to me on a trailer...had all kinds of power at various electrical components, windows, radio, seats, etc. But the damned thing absolutely wouldn't turn the engine over...I was fairly certain the starter had failed, and had actually removed it...the starter wire had been bitten in half by and judging by the teeth marks, it was a possum, or possibly an alligator. It turned out to have been her cat.

Anywho...one new wire later and she was putting up the driveway..

Just a thought. ;)

I'd test the starter (and check the cable to it) before digging into the cluster. I'm not saying the cluster has failed, but I'd rule out the simpler stuff first.

I had a Mustang one time brought to me on a trailer...had all kinds of power at various electrical components, windows, radio, seats, etc. But the damned thing absolutely wouldn't turn the engine over...I was fairly certain the starter had failed, and had actually removed it...the starter wire had been bitten in half by and judging by the teeth marks, it was a possum, or possibly an alligator. It turned out to have been her cat.

Anywho...one new wire later and she was putting up the driveway..

Just a thought. ;)
We replaced the starter. And the safety switch.

Back