need help with yellow fog lights | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

need help with yellow fog lights

Alright I di search through alot of posts but didn't find the answer. I want bright yellow fog lights in using my stock lights and aftermarket bulbs. The bulbs I took out say 899 on them. I can not find any yellow/amber bulbs to replace these. Anyone have a link or suggestion on where to look? Thanks alot.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Your gonna have a very hard time finding a yellow replacement. Your best bet is to rip those crappy stock lights out of there and put in a PIAA or somehting nice like that. Its been a while since I had a stock bumper so I don't remember the configuration of the bulb, but I know on my SD I was able to pull the bulb and get a high beem bulb in there. Still white but much brighter.

just rip the stocker's out..i put some "blazer" aftermarket real yellow fog's in mine..they are awsome $16 down at wal-mart also so easy and cheap to replace and they give off a good amount of light..alot more then stocker's!!!!

2004-01-12_003.jpg_idshr_idshr

don't mined the other set of driving light's.. :D

here's one with just the fog light's
2004-01-09_01290.jpg

I would take a bulb out and go to autozone and look for soemthing alike that would fit in there thats not a 899. Then thta will broaden your search

boomin, im not saying your wrong..but when i replaced my stock fog light bulb the only other's that would fit where white..not yellow..just saying

again not that your wrong..just i havent seen them..that's all

Thge bulbs in my 99 were 889 but I pulled apart the bulb and found it is an H1 bulb and I guess you would call it an adapter socket that forms the 889 bulb. I am not sure whether the bulbs are different from square and round.

i think they are differnt from the 99-01(round) from the 95-98(square) but im not sure

You can get the yellow bulbs that fit 95 X at www.midnightmoose.com
I would get the highest wattage they have in that size.
Then save up for a pair of PIAA 1500 or Catz MSX if you want to upgrade the lights themselves.

I have yellow bulbs in my stock housings for fogs. I have the fogs that use 9005's stock. I used 9006's that are for the bright beams. They look great as far as I am concerned...

DSC00033.jpg

With HID's & PIAA 980's on:
DSC02210.jpg[img]

Well in my truck now I have 899s for fogs. I saw some 893s at the store that looked the exact same. Which would be better/brighter? Also, I'd like to get some bulbs for my turn signals/parking lights...anyone know what that bulb would be? Thanks alot.

3157 & midnightmoose has those also.

899's and 893's are the same. If you want higher wattage, get 885's. 885's are 55w compared to 899's and 893's 37.5w. I don't know if they start having them in yellow but I had a pair of 885 hyper white for a year without any problems.

Back