Yellow Fog Lights? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Yellow Fog Lights?

I've noticed most after market fog likes usually have a yellow tint to them of somesort. Would it be worth putting a yellow film over my stock fog lights? Or does it make no difference, a friend was telling me yellow lights help more than your standard lights in fog, is there any truth to this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That ranger is kinda banged up a bit, body work time ^_^

How do those yellow's work for ya?

This is the way I see it, or try to see it.. yellow being less intense on the eyes could be better on the road? where visibility is already crap due to the fog...? would i be correct in my assumptions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That ranger is kinda banged up a bit, body work time ^_^

How do those yellow's work for ya?

This is the way I see it, or try to see it.. yellow being less intense on the eyes could be better on the road? where visibility is already crap due to the fog...? would i be correct in my assumptions?

Yeah trees have a habit of doing that. No body work on this baby. It's doing to be driven into the ground.

I literally just finished the lights today. I'll let you guys know on Sunday or Monday how they work. We're due to get up to 2' of snow. Ouch!

So yellow film over stock fogs is a no? Oh well, it was worth asking.

Wait, would it help as far as lighting the road yellow? Like for example.. snow storm with lots of fog.. yellow is lighting the road under the fog... and my headlights.... oh screw it.. idk what im talkin about.........

SO...Give one of these a try. http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=yellow+893+bulbs&category0=
They wont be as bright as a 55 watt set of fogs. At least they will be brighter than putting film over your lenses and you will know if you like yellow.

I have the Nokya's in mine, no complaints.
2446156_40_full.jpg

Yellow fog lights look sick

1zc6rr.jpg

Thoughts????

Back