• Register Today It's free!

Need performance help on a 98 EB

fast _shelby

Reaction score
City, State
Spencer,MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Eddie Bauer
I am new to the forum and have owned mustangs for most of my life (currently have a 92 LX notch supercharged and 67 pushing 840 hp) This is the first explorer I have ever owned so please excuse my little knowledge on my EB.

I just bought thisEddie Bauer Explorer and lovin it but , I woudl like a little bit more perfomance out of it. Looking to spend 2-3 k on it. Any ideas? Any tranny problems I should worry about with adding more power?

Thanks in advance

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the 99 Eddie Bauer was available with 3 different engines, which one did you get?
If you are a Mustang guy I will assume 5.0L V8?

is it 2wd or AWD?

If you have a 5.0L in there its a GT-40p with a 4r70w transmission.
Power adding modifications are "skys the limit" just like the Mustang 5.0L

There are V8 Explorer's on this site that will pull 12 second 1/4 miles.

jtsmith said:
I think you might start with the EE x-spec suspension. That is if you don't off-road it.
The handling will impress you.

where can I find this suspension?
Also this is a V8 model with all wheel drive

Cool you got the v8, if your into Mustangs it'll be easy. The v8 Ex already came w/GT40p heads and its own version of a Cobra intake with a 90 adaptor on it. I say for $2-3000 get some Motorsports headers, some exhaust, and a 6-8psi supercharger! In fact throw on some of your leftover Mustang speed parts!

Back