Need 'SilverStar' like bulbs for my fogs. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need 'SilverStar' like bulbs for my fogs.

Hey I got the SilverStars up front in my headlights, but I have the old stock 55W H1 bulbs in my stock fog lights. They look a bit yellow, and look bad compared to my SS in my heads. I've been to all the autoparts stores looking for a replacement, but I can't find anything.

Does any company make 'SilverStar Like' H1 bulbs that would fit down there? I don't want ricer blue, I want pure white if I can find them, and I don't want to pay PIAA prices :eek: (if possible!).

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Ry.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So which should I use?? the 9005 bulb or the 9006 bulb? The 9006 is lower wattage, but the plug on the inside is different.

I modified a set of 9005's to fit into my 9006 housing on my old Accord using a Dremel and it worked really really well. It actually went really smooth and quick.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by The Cheat
So which should I use?? the 9005 bulb or the 9006 bulb? The 9006 is lower wattage, but the plug on the inside is different.

Thanks

The electrical connector for the 9005 and the 9145 are identical. If you use a 9006, you'll need to modify the keyway in either the bulb or the connector.

I guess I'll use the 9005 then becasue the connector is harder to modify than the fingers that fit into the housing. Do you think the wattage will be too high on the 9005 for the fog light wiring??

Originally posted by The Cheat
I guess I'll use the 9005 then becasue the connector is harder to modify than the fingers that fit into the housing. Do you think the wattage will be too high on the 9005 for the fog light wiring??

In an ideal world, you'd rewire with #12 wire controlled by relays. Ford's wiring is, what, #18 at best?

Attachments

• h1silverstar.jpg
    h1silverstar.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 145

Back