need some advice on sas or fix/upgrade stock | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

need some advice on sas or fix/upgrade stock

Reaction score
City, State
OXNARD CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 navajo 4x4
i just bought a 94 navajo 4x with 95k on it for $100 :eek: :D my buddy crashed into a wall and pushed the front driver side wheel back about 2"... i think what happened is the crossmember for the radius arms got bent back a lil bit and possibly the radius arm bent a lil bit..... i really want to do a sas conversion or do a 5.5" superlift with the extended radius arms i guess my question is how much fab do i need to do to mount the leafs and what differentials/ springs should i be looking for..... i plan on a soa out back with the stock axle so the front would need to be stock width any advice you guys have is greatly appreciated

also the superlift is about $1100 i can't imagine that a sas would add up to that much..... minus gears of course.... what do you guys think?

Attachments

• 07-09-06_1602.jpg
    07-09-06_1602.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 134

Not to be an ass but I think you need to start searching...ALOT!

1100 for an SAS is way low. THey can range from nearly nothing when the person has alot of parts laying around, to thousands of dollars. I have got a huge amount of free stuff for mine and I still estimate around 2k when all is said and done. Start reading...keep reading, and read some more, pretty much every question you asked has been covered many many times. Good luck!

ya ya i know i just dont wanna put it back together stock but i think i'm gonna end up doing it stock with 31's and aussielockers it should mob pretty hard for now... how bout just getting some more articulation up front? springs and radius arms or what?

thanks code poet

Back