got into a car accident...

shadowless127

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Long Island, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 EB AWD 5.0
bimbo in a 3 series decided to fly down our main road, and because of this i didnt see her and she t-boned the front drivers side of the mounty. lots of front end damage, front axle may be done, and it doesn't start.

oye.....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's just bad news after bad news around here lately. Best of luck getting everything sorted.

would the not starting be due to an intertia switch? if so, where is it located.

Does it crank?

Hope you're ok. Hopefully the truck can be fixed.

There is an epidemic of crashes around here lately. Not cool.

Hope you're ok. Hopefully the truck can be fixed.

There is an epidemic of crashes around here lately. Not cool.

well i think the ifs will be helpful in getting the truck fixed. just worred about my front driveshaft and t-case.

Thats what you pay insurance for!;)

due to a series of #### ups, we're not even sure if the insurance is active... wont find out till our super agent gets in monday. if not this is an all out of pocket project. on the upside, i do know some ppl who can hook me up.

IMG00071-20090815-1710.jpg

IMG00074-20090815-1711.jpg

IMG00072-20090815-1710.jpg

IMG00075-20090815-1726.jpg

OUCH! Its not as bad looking as I pictured, but yea its accident after accident on here lately! Just be glad your okay....if it was out of pocket, id be sure to give her a stern talkin' to get some money outta her too since it was clearly her fault...

But did you try the inertia switch? If it cranks, I dont see why else it wouldnt start, unless you have some pinched or ripped lines where it got hit....

OUCH! Its not as bad looking as I pictured, but yea its accident after accident on here lately! Just be glad your okay....if it was out of pocket, id be sure to give her a stern talkin' to get some money outta her too since it was clearly her fault...

But did you try the inertia switch? If it cranks, I dont see why else it wouldnt start, unless you have some pinched or ripped lines where it got hit....

the place where i had it towed was closed today so i couldnt try the inertia switch. i thought i saw it leaking a little something as it was being winched onto the flatbed, but it was on the opposite side so im thinkking either it was excess condentation from the A/c (as it wasnt leaking on flat lavel service) or one of the reservoirs for coolant or perhaps windshield washer fluid broke. When i cranked the car right after the accident it started fine for a little bit with no tell tales, before it died from lack of gas im guessing due to inertia switch; im guessin the leak was from either the windshield washer fluid or coolant resovoirs, or my front diff. it wasnt pooring out, it was a slow dribble.

gonna go back with some car savvy friends tomorrow when they are open to take a good look.

dang everyone is getting in accidents in this forum but that sux bout ur mounty getting hit

looks like your hood doesn't line up with the fenders...hope its not frame damage..looks like something isn't aligned

looks like your hood doesn't line up with the fenders...hope its not frame damage..looks like something isn't aligned

yeah i know. gonna get a closer look tomorrow

im hoping the top of the fender just pushed the other QP out a bit and the frame isnt ####ed.

so assuming i need to spend $500 to straighten the frame (my research shows that ppl have paid 500-700 for way more damage) how much am i looking at here?

Back