• Register Today It's free!

need some help here.

Palmer7

Reaction score
City, State
Beaverton/Portland, OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
EXPLORER YEAH!!!
thinking of getting this bronco b2 off a guy in lake O.

craigslist ad:

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/2711258969.html

i need to know what to look for along with maybe bringing it to a mechanic to check it all out but from talking to the guy and the description it looks really nice.

I know a little about explorers but this seems like a whole different ball game haha. any advise would be awesome thanks.

o and should this be a straight trade for my 2003 v6 mustang? he posted it at $5000 same as im selling my mustang so i would think so.

thanks to anyone that replies it will help a lot!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Get under it and check condition of the body mounts and sheet metal that is under the carpet in front and all through the back.
Also if you can look around the front coil buckets for extrem rust.

o and should this be a straight trade for my 2003 v6 mustang?

no its a bII, it doesn't have anything special going for it other than a v8 swap and some off the shelf lift kit. 3000 maybe if its really nice. I agree with Rick make sure the body is ok, these are notorious rustbuckets. Check for minor things when he did the engine swap, like how he did the motor mounts etc, it will give you a good indicator of how good of a job he did on the swap itself as well as the upkeep of the vehicle. good luck

alright thank a lot guy he brought it out to my work tonight i didnt have time too look at everything but interior and exterior were in good shape so was the body mounts no rust that i could see anywhere other than a little on the exhaust which im planning on ditching anyways the motor looked nice it drove really good the breaks worked really good. it had a really rough reverse shift but it didnt sound clunky at all I dont know if thats an old truck thing but thats what i was guessing everything else shifted fine though. I'm going to get everything else checked on the 27th by stryctny9e on the forum hopefully his experience can point out a little more than I could.

anymore stuff you guys think i should look at on that date shoot and I will make a list I'm really excited about this bronco I just dont want it to be trash.

Sounds like it's not trash, but with that said there's bound to be some problem areas that might need to be addressed that you or a friend can fix.
And besides there's enough info on this site to fix about any problems.
If you let it get away you may regret it later.

make sure there is no leaks

Back