Need some help troubleshooting noise | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need some help troubleshooting noise

Cartman

Reaction score
City, State
Waterloo, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 Sport
I recently got an Ipod and am having some noise issues with it and the interior neons I have, need some help;

The system is all aftermarket, Pioneer Premier 750mp HU, MTX amps – when playing CD or radio everything sound really good.

The neon lights – there are 2 Streetglow controllers for them – one controller is hooked up to 6 tubes, the other 3 tubes.

I added the Ipod in using the Pioneer plug that adapts the CD changer plug into RCA’s, then using Stinger RCA’s (Bullet series – they are higher end and should be good) then a plug that changes the RCA's into stereo jack.

Now onto the problem – if I am using the Ipod without any of the neons going there is no problem, one set of neons (either set) going there is no problem but when both sets of neons are going I get noise – this is not just a background hum – it is very annoying. Using the radio or CD there is no noise with any of the lights.

I’ve tried moving around the RCA’s that connect the Ipod to HU, ran the engine at idle to 2000 RPM in case it was engine noise or alt issues and checked all connections to make sure they are tight. Nothing has helped.

Sorry about this getting long but I’ve tried to give all revelant info.
Thanks for any help.

Back