Need some help w/aftermarket radio install on 2006 expo | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need some help w/aftermarket radio install on 2006 expo

yoster

Reaction score
City, State
Clovis, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'06 Eddie Bauer v8 4x4
Hey guys,

Just replaced the stock 6-disk cd changer on my 2006 eddie bauer with a Kenwood DNX-6990HD.

I picked up the PAC wiring adapter (to keep rear-seat entertainment and subwoofer) and the Axxis steering wheel control adapter.

Install went well. Steering wheel controls work great, and sound from the rear DVD to the new unit works perfectly as well.

Now my question. When I turn on the xplorer now, the rear DVD system instantly turns on and starts playing the DVD inside of it. Very annoying. The 'Power' button on the unit also does nothing. Only option is to hit "stop" which puts the screen back to the "FORD" logo but it still stays on. I'm concerned about it always running - don't want to wear it out sooner than I need to!

Is there a solution to this? Also, is there any way to control the rear DVD with my new head-unit, or is that long gone now? (this isn't a must since it can still be controlled from the rear, but it's definitely nice to have!!)

Lastly, the subwoofer is acting funny. When I turn up the 'subwoofer level' on the head-unit, it feels like the bass to the actual speakers is going up, not the subwoofer level. Has anyone experienced this? I'm pretty sure it's not a wiring issue.. it's practically impossible to mess that part up given the PAC adapter gives RCA connectors for the subwoofer.

Thanks!

Back