• Register Today It's free!

Need sub help!!!!!!!

jar2187

Reaction score
City, State
Rhode Island
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 EB, 96 limited
I just got two kicker 12'' subs and a rockford 1200 watt amp. I am running my stock head unit. The guy gave me a line converter thing. the problem is I dont know where to hook it up. I tapped into the right rear speaker wire but not thing happens. What did I do wrong. I need any help I can get.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

oh and the converter has 6 wires, two positive and two negitives and two grounds, which wires do i hook up to which. Do I need the grounds?

i could be wrong on this, but I would think its to tap both the left and right rear speaker, just ground it on each side. Thats my initial thought, dont come after me though if it doesnt work..lol

lol I wont, now what do u mean by ground it on each side. Just take those two ground wires and put them to a screw? And does anyone know the rear speaker wire colors for a 92?

Im not positive on this, but on my ' high inputs' for my amp, the ground hooked on to the ( - ) or the (negative) wich ever one you want to call it. Also if you want you can run both positives on the adapter to just the one positive on ur back left or back right speaker, you dont have to hook into both. ( same thing with the negative)

If it dont work dont come after me tho. Thats just how i remeber hooking up mine. :D

for subs, combine both positive, and both negitive. Attach them to the respective wires to the woofers for the left or right side (one side). Ground both ground wires to the metal of the car. That should do it.

Ground both ground wires to the metal of the car. That should do it. [/B][/QUOTE]

How come i never had to ground wires ? ? I never had a problem with it. I just ran the ground to the negative..i dono thanx

josh

You may not have to.... it may be a noise reduction thing. I just used one of these same line converters on a BMW and did it that way and it works fantastic, so I know its a good way.
one other thing.... you may need to tweak the sensitivity knobs... but since this should be a mono setup to reduce cancelation ... keep both at the exact same position.

Ok I tapped into the right rear speaker, the subs work but I can hear more then bass coming out of them. I also have the right rear speaker disconnected right now I dont know if that matters. So I tried the stock sub hook up again. You know the wire that comes out of the bottom of the factory amp and goes to the sub amp, i hook up to that and nothing happened.

What amp are you using? You need to set your crossover to LPF (low pass, letting low tones through) at about 80-120Hz depending on your rear speaker size and sub size.
Good Luck.

Back