• Register Today It's free!

need your old jackshaft tensioner

Russ in CT

Reaction score
City, State
Milford, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 XLT
I need a jackshaft tensioner, an old busted one is fine.

A shop replaced mine, but left pieces behind in pan, which plugged oil pickup, resulted in oil starvation and rod bearing destruction. They didn't compare old part to new to see that not all the old bits were accounted for.

I'm going to take shop to small claims court, but I need to show the pieces in the pan came from the jackshaft tensioner. The shop recovered the broken pieces from the pan, so they know they were blocking oil pickup, but I need to be able to show to a judge that those pieces are jackshaft and not something else.

I have my old balance tensioner, so I can show they didn't come from that, but I need a jackshaft tensioner to show the pieces in the pan are the same size as a jackshaft tensioner.

I'm not going to claim your jackshaft tensioner was in my engine or anything, I just need to show that the parts are the same size.

I could buy a new jackshaft tensioner, but it'd be cheaper to use your old one.

I'll pay for shipping and whatever you want for the old part. However the tensioner needs to be complete, needs to have the steel springs and at least most of the plastic.

I could also use a cassette tensioner (the external large bolt lookin' thing that tensions the front & rear cam chains)

Thanks!

Back