New 2008 ST Owner

rallyusa

Reaction score
City, State
Lilburn, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Sport Trac Ltd. V8
Hi everyone,

Today I'm the proud new owner of a previously owned 2008 Explorer Sport Trac Limited V8. Loving it so far!

I'll post a pic but need to ask, whats the best way to post pics here?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, maybe not so proud anymore, second day of ownership and I got a check engine light and wrench icon on the dash. When I hooked up the scanner I got a P2135 "Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch A/B Voltage Correlation" code.

The truck seems to be in limp mode and when letting off the throttle it decelerates quickly... I bought the truck from a reputable dealer so here's hoping they will do the right thing and fix it, but I also bought it AS-IS so I might be footing the bill...

I took a look at the throttle body and the plate was encircled by black crud, used an old toothbrush and some throttle body cleaner, cleaned it all out, started it up, light went away and it feels more responsive. I think the plate was just sticking or something, I'll wait and see how it holds up, I talked to the dealer I bought it from and they are going to check it out too and replace the sensor if needed. Hoping that's all it was, this is a 2008 ST with 132k on it, high miles for any 2008, but it's a 1 owner, meticulously maintained daily driver so I think I'll be ok.

Happy to hear that you like your ST.

To post photos, you'll need some photo hosting account (photobucket, imgur, etc., a 'cloud' would probably work too), then get the direct link for the photo, once uploaded (should end in .jpg, .jpeg, .png or similar).

Did the Code come up again? Did the Throttle Body Cleaning work?

Back