New 31x10.5 15 tires | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New 31x10.5 15 tires

Reaction score
City, State
Keller Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport
I am wanting to upgrade to 31x10.5 15 tires and was looking for suggestions on which ones to go with. i have a 99 sport and would like an aggressive look but considering i have 2wd and spend most of my time on the streets i would like an aggressive looking tire that handles well on the streets as well. i like the goodyear wrangler mtr but have heard bad things about the treadwear. i also like the firestone destination mt but it seems a little overpriced. suggestions please!!!

P.S. if anyone would like to negotiate for my stock 235/75/15 goodyear wranglers i am looking to sell. I have 2 rts and 2 radial. the radials are fairly new and the rts are low on tread.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had a set of MTRs (old style) on a Ranger. Got over 50,000-miles on them. I really liked them, I just think they are overpriced.

BF Goodrich AT are a good all terrain tire. I got 80,000-miles on the last set. They were used as all terrain tires and do everything good except mud.

I have the bfg at right now and they are really good. Being in Arizona mud isnt that much of a problem so I dont worry about it.

have you thought about re-cap tires?

priced pretty decent and very nice looking tires.

i think one site is treadwright.com

there are a few others, just run a search for retreaded tires.

I know the Dunlop MT's used to be pretty decently priced when i was looking at them, but that was a while ago.

also try tires.com, for some deals they have free shipping.

I like my BFT All-Terrain tires, but I think that I will be going with some Hankook Dyna Pro AT's when I get my next set of tires. My father installed a set on his F-350 this past winter, and he is incredibly pleased with their performance- even in icy/blizzard conditions. I got a chance to test them out when I was borrowing his truck and enclosed car hauler trailer back in January, and I was sold on them.

Well i have narrowed it down to the Destination mt and the new Goodyear Wrangler Mtr with kevlar. They are in the same price range but both have great reviews so any opinions would help

Back