• Register Today It's free!

New and Excited Explorer owner!

97XLT5.0

Reaction score
City, State
Tallman New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Explorer XLT 5.0
Hey Guys my name is Eric, I am not new to Forums but definitely new to Explorer ones, thats for sure, the other day I picked up my first Explorer, at first I was just looking for a little beater for the winter, till i came upon this craiglist ad from the Heavens, ..... 97 XLT 5.0, 4WD power everything leather interior heated seats, (WORKING AC AND HEAT AND HORN!) .. something i am not accustomed to with my many Foxbody exploits, only catch was, it needed and Axle Spindle and a few other critical front end parts, as the CV joint snapped, which then took out a bevy of other parts, but need less to say, i got this 69k original mile beauty for alot less than its worth,

as an experienced Forum goer, I know this is a must,

oh right I am on an Explorer forum now, lol :)
IMG-20111009-00524.jpg

heres the Stangs
may8th3.jpg

may8th4.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

fun crowd we got here.

I'm betting lifted.

Welcome. NIce set of rides you have there.

So, fast or lifted?
well, i got the fast down....... the Green notch is in the 12s, and i just got a full turbo kit for it, so as for fast or lifted......... im assuming both would be alittle unsafe? hahaha
I'm betting lifted.
good bet, ... lol what's the biggest tire i can fit with no lift? 31s?
Welcome to this forum!

thank you! I am pretty pumped, this thing is practically mint.

and just so you know my first mod will be courtesy of this site, and that would be the WOT throttle plate mod, with the zipties

Nice score. Welcome to the best 'Sploder resource anywhere and especially to the 5.0 clique. :)

Back