• Register Today It's free!

New and GLAD For All the Help!!

gschramm

Reaction score
City, State
New Mexico
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Mountaineer
New member but have been using the info from the forum for several weeks. I have six kids and soon 4 of them will be driving. Never planned for this, but now up to six cars (holding on to two old ones just to increase the chance that something will be drivable on any particular day). With two in college every penny counts and am now tackling anything car repair wise in order to save money. This forum has really helped be able to do that!!! Bought a 2000 Mountaineer (V8 AWD) for my daughter to use at college up in CO. Vehicle is in nice shape but have been battling water leaks. Someone did some sloppy repair work on it in the past and the cooling system was not maintained. So needed lots of info to help replace tube assembly under throttle body and this past weekend replace the gasket behind the Timing Chain Cover. Finished it up in the wee hours of the morning yesterday and it did a seven hour trip through the snow yesterday afternoon. My daughter called to say she made it fine but that the back door handle seemed to let loose when opening it to unload her stuff. Not great but already found the post on fixing door handle problems so I'll dive in next time she is home!

When first got the vehicle took it to the dealer to complete two recalls. Had them look at some of the problems that I knew I had. Well $180 later for diagnosing (which I got back from the manage) and a $1000 estimate for the other work (Two of which it took me 2 minutes to find and fix - vacuum leak and blown fuse) - I was determined to never give them a dime of my money! Sooo... thanks forum members for sharing your knowledge and skill it sure is a blessing to me!!!

welcome

G'day, sounds like everything is working out fine. Get a couple of more fords for your other kids that are almost driving and you can do the repair work on them too! Welcome to the forum

Back