New and need brush guard help

muddinchick

Reaction score
City, State
Rogers, AR
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Explorer SportTrac
First, hello!
I bought my first car and it is an '05 Sport Trac. I bought a used brush guard off FB marketplace that is for an '05 Explorer. Got it home and the mounting brackets it came with will not work on my Sport Trac. Am I missing something? Will an '05 Explorer brush guard not fit a Sport Trac?
Mine is a plain Jane and doesn't come with the big tow hooks in the front. There is a spot to install them on the frame, they just aren't there.

First, hello!
I bought my first car and it is an '05 Sport Trac. I bought a used brush guard off FB marketplace that is for an '05 Explorer. Got it home and the mounting brackets it came with will not work on my Sport Trac. Am I missing something? Will an '05 Explorer brush guard not fit a Sport Trac?
Mine is a plain Jane and doesn't come with the big tow hooks in the front. There is a spot to install them on the frame, they just aren't there.

Although your sport trac is an 05, it actually based on the 2nd generation explorers from 97-01. The 05 explorer is gen 3, and while it is the same year as your sport trac, it is very much a different vehicle and that is most likely why you can't mount that brush guard.

Back