• Register Today It's free!

New Aviators

steweod

Reaction score
City, State
Kansas city Mo
Year, Model & Trim Level
'22 Aviator
We are the owner of one of the first roll outs of the new Aviator. We love the vehicle.... when we have it. It has been plagued with problems and we are just done with it. Looking to take advantage of the good trade in values but is it worth getting another Aviator? Have they finally fixed all the dump crap with them? I know we find it pretty stupid that we will spend more money and lose features like soft close doors. Well unless we move to black label and lose color combo options...

Also, looking at the hybrid. How have people been liking those?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My Aviator was an October 2019 build and hasn't been to the dealer for a single issue not related to a Recall/TSB. Granted it is a very low mileage vehicle seeing as how I've had it for 20 months but I'm looking forward to another Aviator or possibly a Nautilus when my lease is up.

Peter

My Aviator was an October 2019 build and hasn't been to the dealer for a single issue not related to a Recall/TSB. Granted it is a very low mileage vehicle seeing as how I've had it for 20 months but I'm looking forward to another Aviator or possibly a Nautilus when my lease is up.

Peter
Ours was built in Jan 20 and has been in the shop a lot. But since it is never the same issue for more than three trips. Lincoln doesn't think anything is the problem and thinks its more than adequate to just offer an extended warranty. Hell I even have to take it back in this Friday for. more work to be done on it. It is really about once a month this thing is in the shop.

We love ours. Our experience sounds very similar to Peters. Build date of mid-December, 2019. Low mileage. Been to the dealer a few times, mostly re: the rear camera, which I think they have fixed. I would definitely consider an Aviator again. I think Lincoln did a great job on this one.

/park

We love ours. Our experience sounds very similar to Peters. Build date of mid-December, 2019. Low mileage. Been to the dealer a few times, mostly re: the rear camera, which I think they have fixed. I would definitely consider an Aviator again. I think Lincoln did a great job on this one.

/park
Yeah and we know there were a lot of issues with the earlier builds. You all may have gotten lucky. My question is that now normal or is it still a crap shoot?

My Issues:
Delivered missing parts

Several trim pieces started falling off and had to be replaced.

Back up camera issues

All driving systems failing and faulting.

Rear Brake assist faults (now another one is happening)

HUD broke and had to be replaced

Massive Moonroof leak causing water to poor into car enough to completely fill the cup holders.

Several engine components like the front engine cover had to be replaced because they were cracked and leaking.

Now left turn signal will not auto reset unless you turn the wheel beyond center and to the right.

When turning left front end makes a growling noise.

Dash and front-end has been taken apart enough that this thing rattles like crazy and is very noticeable after driving the loaner Aviator for 2 weeks.

Looks like yours may be 'taking the hit' for the rest of us.

Peter

Looks like yours may be 'taking the hit' for the rest of us.

Peter
Yeah the fact it was delivered missing fasteners from the factory and they litterly had tape holding pieces together instead of the fasteners.

So a little hesitant to go fork out more money on one especially when Lincoln says there was really nothing wrong.

Back