New Engine, Now Smoking! Help! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Engine, Now Smoking! Help!

you got to watch race shops...they put the kids on customers motors since the top guys are busy with production on the full race equipment and then again, sometimes things just happen...alot of parts to remember to tighten before the next step, but a crooked cam??? sounds like lack of supervision over a kid in my opinion...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the guy that did it though was prob in his late 30s, early 40s. i mean they do regular machine work on a daily basis, but they do some high performance drag engines as well. i'll just make sure when i get all my freebies, or all my money back from him, i'll file a complaint with the BBB. if there were any other machine shop within an hour drive from here, i would have already taken it to them

just remember if they do take care of you and make it allright and you file with the bbb, you better count on warranty being null and how far it is to another shop to take care of your needs...like i said, sometimes things happen and if they make it right, it's cool...if they don't then it's a problem...;)

well, im guessing he will try his hardest to not honor much of a warranty to begin with. all he did was the machine work, he has already tried to blame me for scarring up the bearing lol. a couple of years ago, i had a head rebuilt for a geo storm i had. it had blew a gasket. the engine never ran right after i put the head back on, until i checked the valve lash, the guy that reassembled the head cranked every last adjuster down about 2 turns too far. he didnt warranty anything at that point. keep in mind this is the same machine shop, and my stupid ass forgot about it until today :-\

well, got the head off. just as i suspected, cylinders 5 and 6 are just as clean as ever. burning antifreeze for sure. :( here comes pics.
DSC00607.jpg

DSC00606.jpg

DSC00605.jpg

and just for the hell of it, here's a pic of the actual truck lol hope ya like the tag
DSC00608.jpg

**update**

well, took the head to mocheen shop. pressure checked, everything is fine with it. from the pics i posted on here, the guy said that it looked to him that the head gasket blew. done deal, went back to my old job, o'reilly auto parts (was the assistant manager for 3 years) and got another head gasket, rubber VC gaskets, new upper intake gasket, and new head bolts, all for free :D got everything back together, and started it tonight, about 45 minutes ago. so far so good. going to finish purging air out of the system and run longer tomorrow, wish me luck !

still a cheap but teadius fix and i'm wishing you lot's of luck this time, lol..

yeah i need the luck lol. all it costed me was about 2 or 3 days of anger and frustration. it only took about 2 hours to put it all back together, so no money spent at least. we will see what tomorrow brings, and hopefully i can actually break this thing in and get to drive it more than about 2 blocks lol

hey, if you know where i can get those headlights and corners let me know...i need those on my project X...

ebay baby! they were like 160-170 shipped, makoautotrends is the username
gimmie a sec and i'll link u to one. i love the diamond cut headlights, they are SO bright

yea i know, i have them on my ranger...
indoors005mz3.jpg

well hell, didnt mean to repost twice lol

so far, from what ive seen, i havent seen anyone else with the diamond headlights on a 1st gen explorer before, thought it'd be different, and it def sets the truck off

i'm thinking it will make my project X stick out too...
day1003vp7.jpg

after i get the paint done, lol...

haha i hear ya. what lift did u put on it?

it's a custom 6" suspension with 3" bl...dual shocks all 4 corners, 4.56 in the rear shown w/35's and soon to be 4.56 up front, in the next 30 days and i'm hoping a solid axle next summer...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

is that 35's in that pic? they look mighty small. my plan is to use the superlift 5.5" setup, f150 spacers, SOA, shackles, 3" body, and maybe 37s if i can stuff em in. hoping for a total lift of about 10 inches before tires :)

Back