New Engine, Now Smoking! Help! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Engine, Now Smoking! Help!

im hoping to stay with the TTB front on mine, this rig wont see too much offroading, but its fair share :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i would skip the f150 spacers though they are on my ranger and i did a right up on here for the install...go 6" and remember to change your drive shafts and get 4.56 gears for both front and rear and new speedo...makes your truck think you are running stock tires with stock gears...
yes, those are 35x12.50x15's in the picture...one day i should measure how tall the truck is...i want to say it's 24" or less from the bottom of the frame

i'd love to be able to stuff 37s under it and still get some flex. im not so sure if the 5.5 and 3 body would be enough for it. i guess we'll see pretty soon.

i know a guy who is by my shop and he is building the ultimate X...his already makes mine look stock but now it's going thru it's 4th transformation and it's hush, hush...let me just say he just got his 40's mt's shipped in and mounted so they can finish the design fabrication...and i can not see it again until it's done in the next year or so...

Damn!

well, i took it out this morning, ran it. idling, runs fine, no smoking, nothing. when you go to drive down the road, the cooling system in this thing still tries to build WAYYYYY too much pressure. to the point where the top radiator hose is rock solid, and boiling. there is still something on here that is either making too much pressure, or not venting it properly. rad cap? maybe something is STILL cracked??

i would start with a new radiater cap and i like the ones with the lever...just in case of emergencies it comes in real handy....

one problem. cap is new :( and its the lever style. i tested it on my pressure tester, it opens at 13psi, right where its supposed to. t-stat is new too :(

replaced cap, stat, ran again. same exact problem. this top hose is not supposed to be rock hard. i gotta bad feeling that something is cracked somewhere still. guess the machine shop owes me an engine now

Back