• Register Today It's free!

New Explorer Owner here any tips

2012XLTEXPLORER

Reaction score
City, State
Sheboygan, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 XLT
Well just got a 2012 XLT with 62k on it. It won't be my daily driver, as I hope to keep the miles down because it came with so many. I am a member of a Bonneville forum and my 03 has 148k and going strong so I hope it keeps going that way for a few years. Just was wondering if you guys can tell me any common problems to keep my eyes open for. Any cool mods that have been done. Any just any cool interesting facts that you want to share. I love having the touch screen and some updated car tech compared to my 03 haha. Looking forward to contributing to the forum.

62,000 isn't really a lot of mileage for a 4 year old car. It whould have many more miles, and many more years in it with the proper maintenance.

62,000 isn't really a lot of mileage for a 4 year old car. It whould have many more miles, and many more years in it with the proper maintenance.

True but my Bonneville didn't have any trade value and with 148k I might as well just run it till she doesn't run any more. Mainly that will be used and my weekly driver and the explorer will be the family SUV.

Back