• Register Today It's free!

New Explorer Owner

edino

Reaction score
City, State
Dubai
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Lexus RX350
Hi all! I am new to this forum, and new to the Explorer. We owned many Ford's before (Taurus, Fiesta, C-Victoria, 3x Expedition, Lincoln MKX), and decided to try the Explorer Limited. Main reasons to get the explorer are the good looks, many available options, Safety, and the fact that this model is already some time on the market; reliability should be good.

We picked up my wife's full option Explorer Limited just 2 weeks ago. Tux black exterior, charcoal/pecan interior. She can't be happier. The ride is very smooth compared to the 2013 Lincoln MKX she owned before, and also the maneuverability is way better due to lighter steering feel while parking. The one thing she has to get used to is the seating position; it's quiet far away from the door. She is just 5ft in height; no way to rest her arm on the door. In terms of quality, it seems all well build and robust. The only negative comment I have are cosmetic: the front passenger door panel gap is not well aligned with the rear door, and the black plastic cover on the right windshield pillar (outside) is not mounted good (it's loose on top, and has a big gap). I would not expect that from a new car this long in production, but it's not a major set-back, I have them solve that at the next service...

I'm 6'2" and I had trouble getting used to the seating position. Seating is much better in my Nissan Murano. But it's an OK SUV, just about middle of the road. There are better, but there are much worse, too. I'd never spend the money on a Limited, though, all those extra items run the cost up to where I could probably buy a Lexus or Infiniti.

Welcome to the Forum edino. :wavey:
I don't know if I'd wait to take it in for the loose 'A' pillar trim. There are posts where members have had the trim blow off while driving. The 'A' pillar was a real concern in the early models and it usually started by it making a lot of noise when the vehicle was driven. There is a thread on that issue;
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306488&highlight=pillar+noise

Peter

Back