New Family Member 98 XLT 4.0L 2wd

99ex22

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Wilsonville, Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 5.0L 4x4 Eddie Bauer
We recently traded the fiance's Volvo for this Reg cab 98 XLT 2wd 4.0L. She's got 212,000 miles on her. 100,000 on the engine and unknown on the transmission. But it runs good, shifts good and doesn't leak anything. We have cleaned the IAC, mass air, went to synthetic oil, replaced the 14" factory wheels with 15x7's wrapped in 30x9.5 geolanders. We are hopefully going to get the front end up 2" with spacers when I get my tax returns. She is my fiance's daily driver.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks like a nice clean truck. Doesn't look beat for as many miles as it has.

Yeah it's in pretty darn good shape for having almost a quarter million miles on it. I also just cut and buffed the paint a few days ago. It was faded when we got it. The guy that traded us gave us 100.00 for tires cuz they were balled so I found the geolanders on craigslist for 50.00 with 50% tread and 15" ranger wheels for 65.00 haha. All in all it was a great trade for us. The Volvo had all kinds of problems I didn't even know where to start not to mention everything is backwards and impossible to work on those things. The ranger based trucks are the easiest to work on for me and you can find parts everywhere. We love our trucks!

Yea...I too am not too fond of foreign vehicles I tried working on a volkswagen what a joke! Good idea trading for another RBV I love'em. What's her plans for the truck or I mean yours? lol

Haha ya it's her truck but my new toy. Here is what I have in my head... Flow pro muffler, 2" coil spacers up front, shackle or block the rear for 1", 31x 10.5's, tint thr windows, and smoke the tails.

Lol yeah I figured you were going to mod it for her lol. Sounds like some sweet plans. What made ya get a 2wd instead of 4wd? Or isn't 4wd something you need in Oregon?

My explorer is awd soon to be 4wd...We don't really need two four wheel drives.

Does anyone know if daystar makes coil spacers for these trucks? I can't find them on the website but it seems like they would have to...

Still no luck on the daystars. I found some no name ones on eBay but would rather not. Anyone know if daystar makes any?

216,000 miles and still kickin it! just replaced, plugs, wires, air filter, fuel filter, tansmission filter, refilled trans with royal purple, cleaned the IAC, cleaned the MAF, replaced the coolant temp sensor, and did a coolant flush.

Back