• Register Today It's free!

New Ford Escape/Kuga (Vertrek)

EX-SV

Reaction score
City, State
northern California
Year, Model & Trim Level
owned a 07 EBV8 4x4
Post any news here on redesigned Escape.

. I was at Ford dealer in September and salesman said expect it to be out in 6 months or around March 2013.

. New Escape should be shown in November at LA car show. The new 2012 Honda CRV (direct competitor in this class) will also be shown at LA show. Anybody planning on being there?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It would be informative if someone working at the Louisville plant could comment on the status of the addition where the 2013 Escape/Kuga will be assembled. Is it on schedule, any anticipated production start date, etc. If production is still scheduled for the first quarter of 2012, things should be progressing.

It would be nice to hear from somebody at plant, but most do not choose to risk losing job (corporate security) .

I belong to a couple of Mercedes and Cadillac boards and there are a few factory employees who post interesting tidbits of information. They just don't do it on company computers.

I belong to a couple of Mercedes and Cadillac boards and there are a few factory employees who post interesting tidbits of information. They just don't do it on company computers.

Good to read info like that, but violation of corporate security does not require use of company computers. Of course if they are just posting trivia, no problem.

I am still hoping to see pics of new Escape without camo, should be soon.

I am still hoping to see pics of new Escape without camo, should be soon.

Yesterday Autoblog showed a lightly disguised 2013 Escape. Looked very much like the Vertrek concept but without the 21" wheels , wild headlights, exhaust, etc. Body lines were virtually identical which isn't a bad thing.

Yesterday Autoblog showed a lightly disguised 2013 Escape. Looked very much like the Vertrek concept but without the 21" wheels , wild headlights, exhaust, etc. Body lines were virtually identical which isn't a bad thing.

Yes, C&D had similar pics. Looks pretty good, very substantial looking.

Good to read info like that, but violation of corporate security does not require use of company computers. Of course if they are just posting trivia, no problem.
Why is it not acceptable for someone to post something so simple and basic as, "Yeah, the new Escape is scheduled for April 2012 release"? I know companies are weird now-adays but it isn't a trade secret or new feature updates.

Why is it not acceptable for someone to post something so simple and basic as, "Yeah, the new Escape is scheduled for April 2012 release"? I know companies are weird now-adays but it isn't a trade secret or new feature updates.

Not a matter of being acceptable, if employees are told not to discuss new products with non-employees, it means just that. Of course an employee can do whatever they want, at their own risk but many value their job..

Obviously some companies are better than others at secrecy.

End of next week (November 18th) is the start of LA autoshow, new Escape to be shown then.

It looks good! Pictures just came out today, a couple days before LA autoshow.

I saw new Escape at SF auto show yesterday, very nice.

Back