• Register Today It's free!

New Here From Medina County Ohio

BGrace

Reaction score
City, State
OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Ford Explorer
Hello everyone! I own a green 1997 Explorer Sport 4X4. I Live in Ohio, so the rocker panels rotted out and plastic molding fell off. Otherwise the car is like new. I have invested over 5K into it including dropping a new suspension into the SUV a month ago. Any suggestions on covering up the rotted rocker panels would be greatly appreciated, odd thing about Ohio, rockers rotted out, above that Explorer looks like it was painted yesterday. . . I have pics to upload of the heap. I tore the back seat out and replaced it with four sub-woofers, yes it's one of those rolling stereo's on ford stock rims. I found the forum because my glove-box began beeping a few days ago like there was a bomb inside of it, apparently my air bag light is burnt out and needs replaced (thanks for the post and info guys). . .

Welcome to this forum! A remember seeing a thread with a link to a company which manufactures new rocker panels. They have two options. One is an entire rocker panel, and the other is a rocker panel cover which goes over the rotted rocker panel.

Back