• Register Today It's free!

New hood scoop plans

fyrfyter612

Reaction score
City, State
Portage Lakes, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer Sport
Well...you've seen the hood scoop...but just got something to dress it up a little. In July I'm having my hood repainted because Ford makes crap hoods out of aluminum. When I have this done I'm having the hood scoop painted, installed and the decals installed on the side of the hood scoop. The decals are silver to match the bottom of my truck. Once it's all done I'll definately post pictures.

Attachments

• hoodscoop.jpg
    hoodscoop.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 1,360
  • decal.jpg
    decal.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 909
  • scoopdecal.jpg
    scoopdecal.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 951

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thats gonna look sick!!! i can't wait to see it done. i wanted to make a cowl hood out of the mountaineer hood cuz i dont think they look right with the hood scoops. explorers on the other hand look awesome

Gonna look sweet!!! I have a custom hood in my mind that I think will look good. It will be as involved as macks cowl hood. When I get the guts to start on it, I will post a new thread:) It will be later this summer, but hopefully sooner.

I think you need to go ahead and mount it now. Might as well start enjoying it. I have my rims I bought over a month ago that are sitting in storage because I have been taking the time to clean them.:eek: Finally got them done, but I need to have them balanced first. The scoop will match your lower trim so it won't look to bad. You could also buy some spray paint from the auto store that it very close in color to match it to the hood. Either way the scoop needs to be prepped and if you make a mistake mounting it now, you can fix it when you get the hood painted?

Yeah..it'd be nice to do now but I'd rather have the professionals at the body shop do the drilling into my hood. Before I got on the fire dept. full time I worked as a Ford tech for 10 yrs.....I know quite a bit about the mechanical and absolutely nothing about body work...lol. I figured it'd be a little cheaper since they already have to mix the paint to repaint the hood anyway. I got a quote of $500 to blast both top and bottom of hood, repair corrosion in aluminum, mount hood scoop including modifying the grill on the hood scoop to sit flush on the hood and repaint and clear the entire hood with scoop. I think I'm gonna have them throw the decals on before they clear it so they're protected. Also going to get 06-08 tails for my b-day in June. Now thinking of leaving them as they are when I get them or painting the parts of the lense that the light doesn't shine through the same color as my truck...so the actual light will be blue except for the 2 red light areas and the reverse light.

What kind of scoop is that? And where did you buy it, how much?

ditto, where did you get this?

It's a factory hood scoop from an '04 Mustang GT. Got it off E-bay from LQK...a nationwide salvage yard chain. It cost $97 and some change. No shipping cause they were selling it out of the local branch so I went and picked it up.

Most can get the hoodscoop off ebay. It's a 01-04 Mustang GT hoodscoop.

If the graphics are vinyl, I have heard that you cannot clear coat them? Shop will be able to tell you for sure.

Edit-Guess I'm kinda slow:)

not sure if they're vinyl or not...got them for $6.50 with free shipping...figured couldn't be beat.

I have a lot of faith in you and I don't even know you!!! Put it on!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't see the pics but I imagine it will look sick when its done.

thnx for the faith Limited...but it's gonna be July before it's installed...and I'll definately post pics when done. For some reason I can't see the pics I posted either...it just show little boxes and says "attached image".

Pics are working for me:D Okay fine! I will wait until July :mad:

Back