New incentives. Only $500 not $1,000 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New incentives. Only $500 not $1,000

It looks like the incentive here in Canada is still $1000 until May 2nd.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The dealership that I ordered from told me that my $1000 would be honored and that the only way it would change is if it was to get better.

Does anyone know what the new rates are for leases? Previously on a 36 month lease it was 53% residual and interest was 2.5. I'd love to know what it is now to see if I'm going to pass on Ford or not.

If Ford had the right customer service they would honor any incentives and pricing for the MANY people that ordered a vehicle that had a scheduled delivery date of 4/4 or prior. That's just common sense if you want to keep customers. That's exactly what my business would do. They would not be losing anything by doing that and would create a great deal more loyalty in the process.

Hey powerofx,

I see that you had some questions at the beginning of April that I had yet to address. However, It looks like you have already received and taken delivery of your Explorer. Please send me a PM if I can be of further assistance. This goes for others on this thread as well.

~Seni

Are the incentives being revised again in early May? My dealer tells me they are changing the programs on a monthly basis.

The current 500 expires 5/2. Nobody knows what it will be after that. Well someone knows, but they aren't telling us!

do you think they might do away with all incentives given how popular the vehicle had been?

I think I'm going to call Ford Marketing and escalate the crap out of this issue. My dealer hasn't responded to my email yet (SHOCKING I know) and I'm going to call him today to see what they are prepared to do. I ordered on December 31, was told 6-8 weeks, which would have been WELL before the April 4 expiration of the $1,000 cash. My actual ETA for delivery ended up being 4/2 (then moved to today, but that ain't happening). So whether you count the order data or the actual ETA, both were before expiration of the incentive. I can cite many people who ordered after me and got their cars before I did, and thus qualified for the incentive. How crazy is that "logic"?

atlcanuck,

I was going through the forum and came upon this post. Were you able to work everything out with your dealer in the end? My system shows that your vehicle was delivered and you have taken possession of it. Keep me in mind if you have any questions/concerns in the future. I hope you are thoroughly enjoying your Explorer!

~Seni

I just checked the incentives effective 5/3/2011 and it will NOT be $500 or $1000 or even $1500 but rather $0. I also verified with my salesman that they input my order into the Vincent system and they did and I'm locked into the $500 rebate. The other $750 that came with the brochure was the other question because I don't think that the EX will be here before the end of the month. I asked the saleman about that part and he said that we'll workout something when the Ex arrives. Thank goodness,

I list the incentives as 500.00 for your zip code and mine.

Although, I see the main Ford.com website looks like it isn't showing any.

This clip may help some

Capture.JPG

What web site are you look at? I tried Ford.com and thru the X-plan site. Both have nothing.

New Incentives, $500 VS $1,000

I have viewed countless posting on threads referencing incentives/rebates. Likewise I have asked questions myself or responded to some posts regarding same.

What I remember from buying autos over the years is that after all is said and done dealing with the salesman/dealer, you go to their finance department to finish and sign all paperwork. If I remember correctly, you are asked to sign a statement that " you waive all incentive/rebates" or something to that affect.

If this is still the process when I pick up my EX, and if they do not honor the $1,000 rebate/incentive, I will not, I rpeat I will not sign the document. I suspect if you sign, then then dealer is the beneficiary of stated rebates/incentives! Just how I will handle if I run into the issue!

I am not sure why people here are seeing no current incentive. I just went to ford.com, then the explorer page, then the incentives (swap my ride) page and it shows a $500 purchase incentive if you take dealer delivery by 5/31/2011. I have the $750 brochure cash back offer that extends to the same date so that is really the key date for me. My Ex was supposedly built 5/4 so I am keeping my fingers crossed on no delays with delivery.

I have viewed countless posting on threads referencing incentives/rebates. Likewise I have asked questions myself or responded to some posts regarding same.

What I remember from buying autos over the years is that after all is said and done dealing with the salesman/dealer, you go to their finance department to finish and sign all paperwork. If I remember correctly, you are asked to sign a statement that " you waive all incentive/rebates" or something to that affect.

If this is still the process when I pick up my EX, and if they do not honor the $1,000 rebate/incentive, I will not, I rpeat I will not sign the document. I suspect if you sign, then then dealer is the beneficiary of stated rebates/incentives! Just how I will handle if I run into the issue!

All rebates will go to the dealer. As long as the rebates are listed in your paperwork and come off the price of the car, you have nothing to worry about.

I am not sure why people here are seeing no current incentive. I just went to ford.com, then the explorer page, then the incentives (swap my ride) page and it shows a $500 purchase incentive if you take dealer delivery by 5/31/2011. I have the $750 brochure cash back offer that extends to the same date so that is really the key date for me. My Ex was supposedly built 5/4 so I am keeping my fingers crossed on no delays with delivery.

Rocketfan,

Please make sure to confirm your incentives with the dealer. If you or anyone has questions about the incentive programs available to them, in their area, they may contact the Marketing Program Headquarters at 800-334-4375. Please PM me should you have any further questions. BTW: I did receive your email and have replied.

~Seni

Ok, Here it is:
http://www.northtx.texasford.com

Looks like I was wrong.

As your Explorer order moves forward, keep in contact with me and I will be happy to provide you with more incentive info if needed. In the meantime, if you are interested, you may contact the Marketing Program Headquarters. However, since your Explorer is not built yet, we will have to wait and see what incentives will become as the month continues. Enjoy your weekend!

~Seni

P.S. I did finally get to your email and I replied.

Back