New life for Vegas!

mattadams

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Longmont, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
Vegas was getting bored. Bored and jealous. Vegas was no longer a daily driver as Matt had chosen to drive Reno to work every day, leaving Vegas in the back yard to deal with the elements, not be admired, and rarely be touched, worked on, or taken off-road. Vegas was getting bored with the lack of any new modifications and was getting upset because it wasn't being seen by the public nearly as much.
While Vegas still isn't the daily driver, Vegas has been getting some new features lately, which is much improving her mood.
Vegas sports flashy new wheels and tires, some Unique 15x8 black spoked wheels surrounded by some lovely BF Goodrich Mud Terrains.
Her rusty, chipping rear bumper, grill and headlight trim have been coated in herculiner, surround them in a protective, rust-free surface. The conferr roof rack and new front bumper will soon get this same lavish treatment.
The twisted, bent up front bumper and winch mount have been replaced with a new pro-zap bumper/concealed winch mount, which is quite sturdy and gives Vegas the protection she needs.
Many components of the front suspension have been replaced, replacing cracked axle drop-down brackets and broken radius arms, as well as replacing the worn out axle pivot bushings. Vegas is also now equipped with new tougher springs, and within a few weeks she will be receiving new shocks all around and working on her sagging rear springs as well.
The wires that were hanging out all over the interior for various lighting/stereo mods have been neatly concealed under the carpet (finally) so even the inside of Vegas is looking much more sharp.

There are a few more mods planned for this winter for Vegas, but I will be unable to reveal those until they are done. So to anyone who thought Vegas would be for sale soon, sorry but your just out of luck :).
--- now, to keep Reno happy, she's hopefully getting a body lift soon and new 35" tires (her new 16" centerline hellcats are already sitting in the basement!) Also in the works are some JBA headers, a superchip, and several stereo mods in the plans.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds pretty freakin sweet Matt. Can't wait to see them both after all the ahem... "surgery."

matt, i think you have way too much money.... i think you should sponsor "Maxine" my truck

hey now, a lot of these mods I've been saving up for for quite a while, Besides, many of these mods are very low cost (except the wheels and tires and that bumper). All the front suspension components were replaced under warranty. All the herculiner came out to about $50 worth, though I had to buy the whole gallon for $100, so now I've got a bunch left over for future coatings :).

Matt you need to get Reno ready for Attica, so we don't have to pull that beat over every bump. Although we did help her lose her virginity in the mud:). You gunna turn Reno into a desert runner? Yeah how what would be sweet! She can also pull Vegas!

question about the lights

what's with all the lights? do you go offroad at night? that seems a little dangerous. all the offroad pictures i have ever seen on this site were during the day.

What was with the rumors of Vegas being sold aready? Have any pics of the new mods? I like the idea of Herculiner, what are your thoughts on Herculiner on suspinsion parts (minus springs)? Glad to hear she's alive.

leenjen... no don't do much wheeling at night... when I do its fun to have the lights though! :) No real reason to have em, just something unique :).
I do have pics of the herculiner, see the thread "things Im attacking with herculiner" for those. As for doing suspension components, I don't see why not, I've thought fo doing my radius arms and my axles (not the axle shafts of course, jsut the axle housings)

Back