New MagnaFlow Exhaust

UtahX

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Grand Junction, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer XLT
Got this put in today. Dual In/Single Out, 2.5 Pipe, 3" MagnaFlow Chrome Tip. Really love the sound now, pretty deep around 30-40 mph, also on acclerations above 60 mph. Not much of a drone on the highway at all. Highly recommend this one.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I beg to differ with Magnaflow on a SOHC (mine was a '00 too). The sound got to me. I ended up with a Flowmaster and was much more satisfied. The Magnaflow had a real inconsistent tone to it (sound good at times, horrible at other times). Cabin drone was BAD. Then again, I had a Sport (2 door). Supposedly exhaust acoustics are worse on the Sport.

As long as you like it, that's all that matters.

Just curious... How much did this run you?

dr_starcraft said:
Just curious... How much did this run you?

Everything, custom job $300 out the door.

Utah X u got pics of the magnaflow exhaust at all. Would like to see how they look on ur x.

ran both a magnaflow and a flowmaster on my toyota truck, i liked the magnaflow better, but only second to the sound of jsut a cat ;) the flowmaster was not bad, i jsut htought the magnaflow sounded better

Sams01XplrSprt said:
Utah X u got pics of the magnaflow exhaust at all. Would like to see how they look on ur x.

You know what, I was under there Sat. painting a few things, had my camera, and forgot to take some pics, lol If I do take some, it will be 1-2 weeks for them to develope, since I only have a point and shoot camera.

HI can somebody help me?? I'm looking for a dual exhaust system for my 97 XLT V8. i saw some cars with dual exhaust but i can't find one for my car.

This thread is useless without pics\sound bytes

I run magnaflows with no cats,headers and a turbo with 3" exhaust and it is freakin loud, no way to slice it real,real,loud.

Back