• Register Today It's free!

New Member from Australia

StuartB

Reaction score
City, State
Townsville, Queensland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 XLT
Just bought a 03 XLT Explorer 4.6 V8 (right hand drive) 57K. Overall an excellent vehicle. Minor electrical annoyances over the last 4months. Not a popular vehicle over here in Australia & really hard to get aftermarket parts. I have utilised the archives to identify the electrical probs with my explorer, tomorrow I will be visiting Ford Australia and informing them of what I have located.
Great site, keep it up!

Hi Stuart, I'm Tony. I own a 2002 XLT v6 here in Adelaide, I agree that parts are hard to get & Expensive when you do get them! Even wrecking yards are not much help as they load their prices too.
I was very lucky recently, I needed to replace the catch on the rear floor cover, Fords price is nearly $A300.00 just for this small plastic catch! I found a panelshop which had wrecked a 2002 model & he sold me the catch for $20, Bargain!?
What electrical probs have you been having? Do you know if yours has had the rear tailgate glass hinges replaced by Ford under recall? There were some faulty ones. Cheers, Tony :exp:

Gday mate, I am From WA hope all goes well for you with the X at the dealership.

Mine has been in there today to diagnose 2 electrical problems.

They tell me I need a new 4WD shift motor> Price $880> I told him I could get that same unit for half that price. He says this is new Motor and I say> so the one I am going to get LOL< Well time to source some parts from the Good old USA agene.

Oh and the coast to diagnose that and do no actual work $250!!!!!

Picking it up now, going to have a few words with them as well

Cheers and good luck.

Back