• Register Today It's free!

New Member, Great Forum

OnTrac

Reaction score
City, State
Petaluma
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer Sport Trac
I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say thanks for a great site! I just purchased a 2002 Sport Trac with 61K original miles. The vehicle looks and operates like new! I'm the third owner. Vehicle was regularly serviced as is evidenced by the CarFax. The versatility of the Sport Trac is amazing. It has all the features I wanted and then some. I'm very pleased with my purchase and hope to learn a lot by being a member of the forum. Thanks very much!

Craig R.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

These forums here are godsends for people who own 1st through 4th gen Explorers, Mountaineers and 1st and 2nd gen Sports Tracs. You might want to read up on adding a pre-oiler to your engine to keep from having timing chain and guide issues they have as the miles rack up. Since you only have 61k miles on yours it is a good candidate to have this installed. Also, if it hasn't been done, get your transmission serviced very soon by having the pan dropped, drain the fluid, replace the filter and refill. Do not have it flushed. Then do this every 30k-40k miles. This is a good way to stave off a transmission failure that the 5R55s are prone to have occur.

These forums here are godsends for people who own 1st through 4th gen Explorers, Mountaineers and 1st and 2nd gen Sports Tracs. You might want to read up on adding a pre-oiler to your engine to keep from having timing chain and guide issues they have as the miles rack up. Since you only have 61k miles on yours it is a good candidate to have this installed. Also, if it hasn't been done, get your transmission serviced very soon by having the pan dropped, drain the fluid, replace the filter and refill. Do not have it flushed. Then do this every 30k-40k miles. This is a good way to stave off a transmission failure that the 5R55s are prone to have occur.
Thanks, 94Eddie! Appreciate the valuable information. I will definitely look into both recommendations. This is a vehicle that I plan on having for a long, long time!

Craig R.

Welcome Craig.

Sounds like a great find! Congrats and welcome

Back