• Register Today It's free!

New member here

Dave1981

Reaction score
City, State
Rockaway, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer XLT
Hi everyone. My names Dave and I’m a new member. I’m a new Explorer owner though not new to fords as I’ve had a 66 mustang a 2000 Lincoln ls and a ‘13 f150. Anyways I just got my ‘16 explorer and am already starting to modify it. I know it’s not a bronco and it’s a unibody but wanted to get everyone opinion on it’s off-road capabilities. I want to do some light trail rides and am considering either a leveling or lift kit. Any feedback on those?

Thanks and glad to be a part of the forum.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi to everyone , I do have 2017 FORD EXPLORER XLT 4WD and since I bought the vehicle there is an issue of a 'clunk or popping sound especially my first drive forward in the morning". At same time when I hear the popping sound is I can also feel from the gas pedal that there is something like snaps or pop somewhere under the engine. Mostly happens when the engine is cool, when I drive forward.
It is so frustrating for this new vehicle that has an issue. This is my first Ford vehicle, I guess its not for me. I even planning to get a new ford mustang but now it got me disappointed for this issue into my Ford Explorer.
I did took it back 4 times already to two different ford dealership but unfortunately they couldn't fix it and the clunk or popping sound still happens.

* Please, I need advice on what to do or how to deal with FORD with this issue on the vehicle.
* I was on deployment when my wife bought the vehicle, and she dont know anything about cars that why we decided to get a new Ford explorer, but then it gave us this disappointment.

Thanks,
LOUIE G.

Welcome Dave.

Back