New member. 67 bronco with 1999 explorer motor | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New member. 67 bronco with 1999 explorer motor

67Bronco

Reaction score
City, State
Roseville ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 explorer xlt
I’m a new member. I have a 1967 bronco that I installed a 1999 explorer 5.0 motor. I made the harness and had the ecm flashed. It’s been great to hook up obd2 reader to trouble shoot.
I joined to be able to look up issues I’ve had.
Thanks.
Karl.

0F6BDA28-158C-40F5-9DC4-F302D68F063C.jpeg 91162C88-3C82-4DDB-A34F-45613B423FB2.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That motor looks nice in there. Excellent.

That's a good pairing. I'd like to find an EB to put a 2.3 ecoboost into. Possibly even just a tub and put it on an IFS Explorer frame. I've seen one done and it fit pretty well.

Nice engine and truck!!
I converted my 1988 BII to use the OBD2 5.0 also, very nice upgrade for an older truck. I did mine in 2005 and drive it daily......... change oil and filters.......vroom does not care if it is -22 or +120 out, she just runs and drives.
What transmission do you have?

I’m a new member. I have a 1967 bronco that I installed a 1999 explorer 5.0 motor. I made the harness and had the ecm flashed. It’s been great to hook up obd2 reader to trouble shoot.
I joined to be able to look up issues I’ve had.
Thanks.
Karl.

View attachment 439365 View attachment 439366

Welcome Karl, and that's a sweet engine bay there. Well done.

Thanks for the kind words. I installed an np435 in it. I have a Zf5 to install in it now. Just have to find the time.

That's a good pairing. I'd like to find an EB to put a 2.3 ecoboost into. Possibly even just a tub and put it on an IFS Explorer frame. I've seen one done and it fit pretty well.
I’ve talked to the owner at bc broncos in Texas. He’s done two eco boost early broncos. They’re smoke fast But stopped due to the programming involved. Everything has to be tuned on those. Change the exhaust. Change the tune. Etc. nightmare

I’ve talked to the owner at bc broncos in Texas. He’s done two eco boost early broncos. They’re smoke fast But stopped due to the programming involved. Everything has to be tuned on those. Change the exhaust. Change the tune. Etc. nightmare

Would those be the complete rebuild Bronco's of at least three older models, which looked like new inside and out? I saw a link to a 1969 version last week, a light blue with a late 5.0 engine, custom interior, small fender flares, and medium sized tires.

The later transmissions can be used in many old Fords, with the SBF, controlled by a late OEM computer, tuned by a good expert like Decipha.

Welcome Karl. Nice looking Bronco.

Back