New Member, New Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Member, New Explorer

exilepa

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ruby Red Sport
Hey all, just found this forum over the weekend and thought I'd post instead of lurking!

Set out late last week looking for a replacment for my 2008 Ford Edge Limited. Needed something that could pull a descent size ATV trailer and be a comfortable vehicle for traveling with said trailer.

Picked up my 2011 Explorer Limited 4WDwith 301A spec package Saturday afternoon.

First impressions, vehicle handles ALOT like my Edge did and seems to be built really well!

I do wonder how long it will take me to get used to the inside creating the perception of being much larger than it is along with the laggy/slow MFT system. My only other complaint so far is there is nowhere to rest your left leg comfortably, I'm only 5'10" but can't seem to find a comfortable spot to rest my leg. I'm sure I'll get used to it with time....

I have had mine for about 2 weeks now. Takes a little getting use to being that you are sitting in a more up right position. I found that resting my left foot on the upper left corner dead pedal position has helped.

My only other complaint so far is there is nowhere to rest your left leg comfortably, I'm only 5'10" but can't seem to find a comfortable spot to rest my leg. I'm sure I'll get used to it with time....

Thought I was the only one with this problem. Also can't get my left arm comfortable like resting it on the window ledge. To me the left foot is a big one. Seems like they did not make the foot well large enough.

Welcome Exilepa - I have been watching this forum for weeks(speaking of lurking ;) )while we wait for our new X to come in, we ordered our 2011 ltd 302A pkg in white on 3/7 and got the window sticker today! Now I am on my hopeless second hour of reading chat after chat and post after post about everyone's ordering experience. Ford is truly in an incredible spot in the SUV/CUV market right now in my opinion. I have never heard so much buzz about a new car. CONGRATS on your new ride!!

Back