Proud New Owner!

troyandcarol

Reaction score
City, State
VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Bordeaux Red Limited
Hey all

After lurking on the board for a couple months now, my wife and I finally pulled the trigger on a 2011 Bordeaux Reserve Red Limited EX with the 301A package and the tow package and the chrome rims. It is my wife's vehicle but this SUV has to be the coolest thing ever:D I mean when you turn it on and it comes to life what is not to love?? Hopefully we don't have too many issues with the MFT but as a brand new buyer of a brand new vehicle I am expecting a few hiccups, already the passenger door ambient lighting isn't working but oh well I still love it!

Thanks for all of you on this board, you helped in this process. I will get some pics up on Thursday.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's funny. My EX Limited is having the exact same passenger ambient lighting issue. I'm taking it to get mud flaps installed & gonna have them look at it them. Enjoy the explorer! I've had mine for a week & love it!

Welcome!! And nice color choice. I have the same color on my XLT.

Congratulations! I've ordered the same color for my Limited. Looking forward to seeing your pics. Enjoy your new Ex!

I ordered an XLT, but was curious about the ambient lighting and am considering purchasing and installing the kit as an upgrade since it was only available on the Limited. (I still think thats an odd move).

I'm wondering what you Limited owners think of it? Is it pleasing, is it a gimmick, does it make the whole interior look great, or is it as my dealership claims - just for kids?

I have the ambient lighting on my 2010 Taurus. I'm fairly conservative, so all I really like is the dark blue turned down pretty low. That said, it does add a little something to the night-time drive. I'd consider it a "nice-to-have" but not a deal breaker.

I agree, not a deal breaker but nice to have, we were leaning toward the XLT until my wife figured out all the little niceties that came with the limited, mainly the remote start, sony system, power fold third row, and of course the ambient lighting. The dealership also fixed my passenger door issue in about 10 minutes, someone forgot to plug it in, it happens:rolleyes:

I got the 300A without the power-fold seats ang cooled front seats. In the end, I choose the Limited over the XLT for the little extras (Remote Start, Push-Button Start, Sony System, etc.) but also because I had those things in my Taurus. The Taurus spoiled me! Darnit Ford! :)

I got the 300A without the power-fold seats ang cooled front seats. In the end, I choose the Limited over the XLT for the little extras (Remote Start, Push-Button Start, Sony System, etc.) but also because I had those things in my Taurus. The Taurus spoiled me! Darnit Ford! :)

Hey scottfmc!

This is Seni with Ford Customer Service. On behalf of Ford, I'll take this "Darnit Ford" as a compliment! LOL :D Hope you are enjoying your new Limited!

Seni

I ordered an XLT, but was curious about the ambient lighting and am considering purchasing and installing the kit as an upgrade since it was only available on the Limited. (I still think thats an odd move).

I'm wondering what you Limited owners think of it? Is it pleasing, is it a gimmick, does it make the whole interior look great, or is it as my dealership claims - just for kids?

Hey David,

It's Seni, the ambient lighting is pretty awesome, if I may say so myself! Like scottfmc mentioned, it really enhances night-time driving. Here is a link to FordParts.com for the ambient lighting kit: http://bit.ly/fkzjew. In the future, you can enter your VIN and search all parts and accessories available for your Explorer! :)

Seni

Hey scottfmc!

This is Seni with Ford Customer Service. On behalf of Ford, I'll take this "Darnit Ford" as a compliment! LOL :D Hope you are enjoying your new Limited!

Seni

It is a compliment, Seni! I think what you are doing here is a great service.

Hey David,

It's Seni, the ambient lighting is pretty awesome, if I may say so myself! Like scottfmc mentioned, it really enhances night-time driving. Here is a link to FordParts.com for the ambient lighting kit: http://bit.ly/fkzjew. In the future, you can enter your VIN and search all parts and accessories available for your Explorer! :)

Seni

Not a bad idea to add this on. $270 retail.

Do you know if an XLT myford touch has the control built in?

Back